The Haldi ceremony is one of the most important and auspicious pre-wedding functions in India which is held a day or two before the wedding. It is a fun-filled event where family and friends gather to apply Haldi (turmeric paste) on the bride and groom. If you have been assigned to photograph a Haldi ceremony, here are some tips from Crystalline Wedding Photography Kerala that will help you click great pictures:
1. Look for candid moments: Since the Haldi ceremony is all about fun and frolic, there will be plenty of candid moments that you can click on. Look for moments when the bride and groom are playing with Haldi or when they are being smeared with Haldi by their loved ones. These are the moments that will truly capture the essence of the ceremony.
2. Use natural light: Haldi ceremonies are usually held outdoors, so make use of natural light to click great pictures. If possible, avoid using flash as it can sometimes ruin the mood of the picture.
3. Capture close-ups: Since Haldi is an important part of the ceremony, make sure you capture close-ups of the bride and groom being smeared with Haldi. You can also click close-ups of their faces after they have been smeared with Haldi. These pictures will surely be cherished by the couple and their families.
4. Click wide shots: In addition to close-ups, also clicked wide shots that include both the bride and groom as well as all their loved ones who are participating in the ceremony. These pictures will provide a great overview of the event.
5. Take portraits: Portraits are always a great way to capture special moments and occasions such as a Haldi ceremony. Ask the couple to pose for some portraits against a beautiful backdrop. You can also ask them to pose with their parents or siblings. These portraits will surely be treasured by them for years to come!